Friday 27 December 2013

LMA statement on Malky Mackay's sacking at Cardiff City

The League Managers Association (LMA) has issued the following statement on behalf of Malky Mackay following his dismissal by Cardiff City Football Club.

Malky Mackay said:

“It is with the deepest and most sincere regret that I today confirm my sacking as Manager of Cardiff City FC. As disappointing as today’s decision is, I am already able to look back at my time at Cardiff City FC with immense pride and joy given the number of milestones the Club achieved during the last 2½ years. A League Cup Final appearance followed by promotion to The Barclays Premier League for the very first time, achieved as winners of The Championship, allowed the Club a move back to this elite level after a 51 year absence.

 

“I have enjoyed my time immensely at this fine Club, in this great City, and throughout I’ve always attempted to put my own personal stamp on specific areas that I believe to be all-important, such as the implementation of a progressive culture as well a complete professional approach to all aspects of day-to-day management, that are required if you are to become a top Club - and more importantly to remain as one.

 

“I would like to thank my players, all of my direct footballing staff, all the people behind the scenes at the Club and most importantly the people of Cardiff, who have stood behind me resolutely throughout my time here and especially in these recent turbulent months. I leave with my head held high having gained a level of experience that, upon reflection, I suspect would have been difficult to find anywhere else in British Football. The foundations laid at Cardiff City FC will provide a solid platform for my successor, and for the sake of the Club, I hope that all of the progress that has been made so far will not be impaired in any way by today’s enforced changes.”

 

Richard Bevan, Chief Executive of the LMA, said:

 

"We are all very disappointed for Malky & the club. We must recognise that in over 2 years as manager, he has set very significant club records including guiding Cardiff to their first ever League Cup final. Also leading the Club to promotion to the Barclays Premier League for the very first time, notably this ended their 51-year absence from the top flight and duly he was named the Championship Manager of the Year. Malky has an excellent record of success with the Club and he should be commended with the manner in which he has conducted himself with such integrity during what, for him, has been an extremely difficult period.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment on my Soccermongery? Write away right away!